9 May 2018
2018 Australian Federal Budget
- Posted by Dejan Pekic BCom DipFP CFP GAICD, Senior Financial Planner
The Federal Treasurer Scott Morrision has handed down his third Budget which included the following key measures.
- Income tax cuts through a combination of tax rate threshold changes and tax offsets.
- Extension of the provision allowing small business to instantly write-off asset purchases under $20,000.
- Cash payments to businesses will be restricted to $10,000 or less.
- Work test exemption for those age 64 to 74 with total superannuation balance of less than $300,000.
It is important to remember that these Budget announcements are still only proposals and still need to be legislated.
Click to read.
At Newealth we are always looking to support and promote our clients wherever possible and if you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to email me or to call me on +61 2 9267 2322.