26 Oct 2022
Australian Federal Budget 2022 (second time this year)
- Posted by Dejan Pekic BCom DipFP CFP GAICD, Senior Financial Planner
The Federal Treasurer Jim Chalmers has handed down his first Budget which is focused on easing the cost of living, addressing a slowing economy and introducing investments designed to place Australia in a stronger position.
A few of key opportunities include-
- Increased child care subsidy rates and expansion of paid parental leave.
- Provide more Australians with access to affordable housing through a national housing accord.
- Reconfirmation that the minimum age for making downsizer contributions into super will be lowered from 60 to 55.
- Energy-efficiency grants for small to medium sized businesses.
Click to read.
At Newealth we are always looking to support and promote our clients wherever possible and if you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to email me or to call me on +61 2 9267 2322.