31 Oct 2023
The Wisdom of Great Investors: What you need to know
- Posted by Dejan Pekic BCom DipFP CFP GAICD, Senior Financial Planner
The insight from these Great Investors is remarkable yet deceptively simple.
What you need to know to invest-
- Avoid self destructive behavior– Benjamin Graham
- Don’t attempt to time the market– Peter Lynch
- Be patient– Jesse Livermore
- Don’t let emotions guide your investment decisions– Warren Buffett
- Recognise that short-term underperformance is inevitable– John Maynard Keynes
- Disregard short-term forecasts and predictions– John Kenneth Galbraith
Click to read.
The underlying message is that investing is boring.
It is about compounding over time and not about sexy.
If you have family, friends or colleagues that want financial advice please ask them to contact us and we will work out how best to help.
At Newealth we are always looking to support and promote our clients wherever possible and if you have any ideas or comments, please feel free to email me or to call me on +61 2 9267 2322.